[ltp] breezed, a very simple fan control daemon

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:30:06 +0100

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 23:41:03 +0100, Francois Fleuret wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I wrote a simple fan control daemon for my X61s, and it seems to work
> pretty well. I have been using it for a few months now. It is written
> in C (well, C++ without class) and has a very limited memory/CPU
> footprint.
>
> You can find the archive at
>
> http://www.idiap.ch/~fleuret/files/breezed-1.0.tgz
>
> Note that I wrote the configuration file for my X61s and have no idea
> what it should look like for other thinkpads (how many fan levels ?
> What temperature thresholds?). Still, I think it is pretty handy.
>
> Comments and other configuration files are welcome.

I think that new software shouldn't use deprecated APIs, like
/proc/acpi/ibm/. Also, some documentation about the values in your
config file would be nice (what component, reason for choosing a
particular threshhold etc.)

Regards,
Tino