[ltp] Re: How to get a working framebuffer on the X61s

Rolf Kutz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 23:42:26 +0100

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On 07/12/08 21:58 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:16:24 +0100, Rolf Kutz wrote:
>> On 05/12/08 00:43 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
>>>
>>> With intelfb compiled into the kernel and video=3Dintelfb vga=3D773
>>> With vesafb compiled into the kernel and vga=3D773
>>> With the vesafb, I also tried vga=3Dask, but the screen was also black.
>>
>> Do you have "Framebuffer Console support" compiled
>> into the kernel? I have also "VESA VGA graphics
>> support" and "Intel 830M/845G..." compiled in. It
>> seems to use VESA all the time. Boot options are
>> "video=3Dintelfb:mode=3D1024x768-32@60 vga=3D792".
>
>Of cause I was missing framebuffer console support in the kernel.
>Thanks a lot. BTW, it looks as using intelfb instead of a plain text
>console saves some power, even when working in X, using the native
>intel Xorg driver. Can anyone confirm this?

It doesn't work for me. If I just use intelfb I
get colored stripes and the T60 doesn't boot. If I
use VESA and intelfb VESA prevents intelfb to
claim the framebuffer device. What boot option do
you use?

regards, Rolf

--=20
=2E.. But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' ...

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--