[ltp] T61 Ultrabay

Rob Thijssen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:44:26 +0000

2008/12/10 John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net>
> Do you recall the make and model of the 500GB drive? I'd rather buy one
> that is known to work than take chances. I don't think Lenovo sells a
> drive that big.

I use a WD model that I bought off ebay in my T61P. It was described
as: WD 320GB 2.5 SATA II 7200RPM NOTEBOOK / PS3 HARD DRIVE.
It looked thicker than the Lenovo one I took out but fits fine. I also
bought a couple caddies (SATA) off an ebay seller from China and these
work fine as well despite not being Lenovo parts. Also, my old
caddies, drives and cdrom drives from my T40 ultrabay work fine in the
new T61P too. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something that
didn't work. :)

/rob

--
Rob Thijssen