[ltp] New thinkpad recomendation

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:35:19 +0200

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a new thinkpad that is supposed to run linux. I was
wondering what is a good but at the moment with the state of the new lenovo
thinkpads that seem from the list to be a bit sketchy. This will be a traveling
laptop so it needs to be sturdy.

Should I go with the older and familiar t61 or something of the newer lines.
AFAIK I should stear clear of the lenovo 3000 series and the ideapad searies.

I'm looking for something work funded that will be able to do some computations
with a 15.4" screen. (probably from the things in the 1500$ range give or take
a bit)

Recommendations and possible issues?

thanks