[ltp] T61: no power button key event when using evdev driver / HAL for keyboard configuration

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:20:18 +0100

Hi all,

since the synaptics driver switched reading configuration options from xorg.conf
to HAL in recent releases I tried to cleanup my xorg.conf a bit by removing all
input related entries there.

After commenting out the keyboard entry from the "ServerLayout" section as well
as the complete keyboard "InputDevice" section I realized that the key event of
the power button doesn't work any longer.

Though I can't get any event using "xev" I do get output in both "acpi_listen"
and "input-events 0".

When HAL is used for keyboard configuration then the "evdev" driver is used for it.
My "InputDevice" section in xorg.conf uses the "kbd" driver instead and in that
case the power button works perfectly. Though when switching the driver there to
"evdev" the button no longer works.

I'm using xorg-server 1.5.2 and evdev driver 2.0.8

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Jens