[ltp] Dropping thinkpad-acpi support for the model 570

Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:58:26 -0200

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Now, I just need to find out if the ACPI BEEP handler ever took two
> arguments in the past, probably way back to the model 600 and 700...
> argh.  I hope I have all the DSDTs.

The 570 wants two arguments, and the second one is always zero.  It
is the only ThinkPad I have the DSDT for (and it is an old copy, with
lots of missing information, that Borislav gave me when I took over
ibm-acpi years ago) that needs two args for BEEP.

However, model 570 does not have full DMI information listed in
ThinkWiki.  I am, therefore, dropping support for the model 570.

Yes, this means if you want it not to happen to your non-brand-new
ThinkPad, you better make sure it is listed in page "List of DMI IDs"
in ThinkWiki, send me some email offering to help if I need some sort
of help with that particular model, and send me the output from A
RECENT VERSION of dmidecode and acpidump for that ThinkPad model.

I am reasonable about these things.  Should someone show up and:

1. Send me all the relevant data for the 570 (dmidecode and acpidump);

2. Offer to update and keep up-to-date the relevant ThinkWiki pages
   that host data for that model, or to send me email when they need
   an update, with the relevant data that needs to be changed;

3. Offer to test thinkpad-acpi on the 570 from time to time, or when
   I ask for help explicitly;

I will write code to support BEEP on the 570, and restore support for
it.

Support is going to be dropped for 2.6.29.  If you have access to a
model 570 and want to avoid it, you have VERY LITTLE TIME, so move
*FAST*.

  Henrique Holschuh