[ltp] tpfand configuration for an X200s

Erik Olsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:41:11 -0800 (PST)

Christoph Bier wrote:

> Doesn't help here with an X200s.

It seems that I was wrong in blaming the WWAN card. My fan started to behave
bad again. I have now done some more (limited) testing and it seems that the
problem somehow is related to the radios onboard the X200. I now believe it
is the Intel 5300 WLAN card that is the guilty one, but I'm not sure yet.

When I start the machine with the RF kill switch set to 'on', the fan
doesn't spin up. I get the same effect starting with the kill switch set to
'off' and WLAN disabled through NetworkManager.

Could you please try to start your machine with the RF kill switch set to
'on' and see if that helps?

/Erik