[ltp] T61: no power button key event when using evdev driver / HAL for keyboard configuration

Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:53:12 +0200

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 08:44:07AM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > Seems to confirm this assumption. Is there already a respective bug=20
> > report for HAL or xorg that I can use to track that issue?
>=20
> I don't know of any, and a quick search in http://bugs.freedesktop.org/
> found nothing.  I don't think I understand this issue enough to file
> one.  Are "button" devices supposed to be treated as keyboards by X.org?

To clarify, on my laptop the power button is not listed among X.org's
known input devices (xinput list), but when I press the power button, a
logout dialog shows up on my GNOME desktop.

I never wondered how that's implemented.  Perhaps an ACPI event?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
=2E.. Another nationwide organization's computer system crashed twice in le=
ss
than a year. The cause of each crash was a computer virus....
                -- Paul Mungo, Bryan Glough  _Approaching_Zero_
(in 1986 computer crashes were something out of the ordinary.  Win95 anyone=
?)

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa--