[ltp] Re: tpfand configuration for an X200s

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:02:35 +0100

Erik Olsson schrieb am 14.12.2008 22:41:

> Christoph Bier wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't help here with an X200s.
>>

> It seems that I was wrong in blaming the WWAN card. My fan started to behave
> bad again. I have now done some more (limited) testing and it seems that the
> problem somehow is related to the radios onboard the X200. I now believe it
> is the Intel 5300 WLAN card that is the guilty one, but I'm not sure yet.
>
> When I start the machine with the RF kill switch set to 'on', the fan
> doesn't spin up. I get the same effect starting with the kill switch set to
> 'off' and WLAN disabled through NetworkManager.
>
> Could you please try to start your machine with the RF kill switch set to
> 'on' and see if that helps?

That doesn't help either. But earlier I already noticed that the fan
runs at a higher speed with the RF kill switch set to "on". The data
posted in my previous message results from the enabled RF kill
switch. Other data can be found here:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2008-December/045537.html

Best
Christoph