[ltp] Re: tpfand configuration for an X200s

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:06:45 +0100

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb am 15.12.2008 21:14:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Christoph Bier wrote:
>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb am 01.12.2008 22:18:
>> >
>> > I suggest you do a throughout test of thinkpad-acpi fan control on your
>> > x200s.  Read the documentation for thinkpad-acpi,
>>
>> I read the documentation for thinkpac-acpi. But I should say that
>> there were many things I did not understand.
>
> Well, that I can help with.

I don't know how to translate this phrase into german.

>> > and try out setting each
>> > of the fan levels.  You should find at least three different speeds, plus
>> > off.  After that, test the "disengaged" mode as well.
>> >
>> > Then, tell us what you find :-)
>>
>> I find that I can't change the fan levels:
>
> You need to give the module the parameter fan_control=1 to enable fan
> control.

Yes, I know and I do that[1]; sorry, I should have mentioned it again:

chris@skull-tp:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/thinkpad_acpi.modprobe
options thinkpad_acpi fan_control=1

Best
Christoph