[ltp] Re: tpfand configuration for an X200s

Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:35:08 -0200

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Christoph Bier wrote:
> root@skull-tp:~# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
> status:		enabled
> speed:		0
> level:		auto
> commands:	level <level> (<level> is 0-7, auto, disengaged, full-speed)
> commands:	enable, disable
> commands:	watchdog <timeout> (<timeout> is 0 (off), 1-120 (seconds))

That, plus the logs, tells me it should be working.

If you "echo level 7 > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan" and then you "cat
/proc/acpi/ibm/fan", what happens?

Does the fan turns on?   Or is it on but the tachometer is not working?

It could be that there is ACPI overrides in the fan control too... hmm...
can you check if removing the "fan" module from ACPI makes any difference
(when you do so, keep one eye on all thermal sensors, it pays off to be
careful with these things.  If they start to climb, reboot immediately).

  Henrique Holschuh