[ltp] Replacing the backlight of the thinkpad LCD

Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:39:02 -0200

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> Many inverter problems are actually the cable that brings the power over to the inverter.
> A brand new out of the box white eraser can be used to remove the lead oxide that forms on the cable.
> Then too, sometimes the cable is broken, it flexes everytime that you open and close the lid.

Also, if you get anywhere near any solder joints on those cables (I don't
know if IBM used solder or proper connectors), be very sure to do a perfect
job, without any sharp or pointy edges.  Bad contact in the inverter output
(be it broken cable, connector, or bad solder joint) is a recipe for
disaster.

  Henrique Holschuh