[ltp] Fn + F5 disconnects WLAN

Roman Haefeli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:27:10 +0100

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 11:22 +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 04:40:35PM +0100, Christoph Bier wrote:
> > on my X200s running Ubuntu 8.10 pressing Fn + F5 to disable
> > bluetooth also disconnects WLAN permanently. I thought that only
> > bluetooth would be deactivated by pressing Fn + F5.
>
> Ubuntu's acpi scripts make Fn+F5 cycle through four modes:
>
>   wifi on, bluetooh on
>   wifi off, bluetooth on
>   wifi on, bluetooth off
>   wifi off, bluetooth off
>
> (I might have the order wrong.)

this is what i observed as well. is it possible to change the behaviour
so, that it only affects bluetooth? since the wlan led doesn't work with
2.6.24, it's hard to tell, in which state the 'radios' currently are.
having to reconnect wlan, because i wanted to turn off only bluetooth,
is very time consuming. i find the four-step solution not very
practical.

roman