[ltp] Re: X200 Battery Life

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:28:46 +0100

n0rdik0 schrieb am 19.12.2008 04:43:

[...]

> - On Linux, with every powersaving feature I could think of, the minimum is
> 7.1W, averaging 7.4W for a several hour period. This includes: minimum
> backlight, cpufreq ondemand, laptop-mode, no radios, HD spun down,
> hda_intel, pcie and sata powersave modes, usb autosuspend, fan off, kde3
> environment with less than 10 wakeups/s.

Very impressive! Yesterday I did my first testing for power
consumption to answer Stefan's question in a different thread. I
used powertop to reduce power consumption but ended up at an average
of 12W and about 100 wakeups/s! I really wonder how you got the fan
off since for my X200s this doesn't work:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2008-December/045688.html

[...]

Best
Christoph