[ltp] Built in speakers vs. mini dock

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 01:01:56 +0100

--=-CVNPImfR22I04zNNnY2x

Hi,

with the T400, when I have something plugged in the mini dock headphone
jack, the device mutes the internal speakers. Some obeservations:

 * The mute button next to Esc does not have any effect, and neither do
the volume buttons next to it. Without a headphone jack plugged in, the
mute button, well, mutes, and the volume buttons un-mute (but don=E2=80=99t
change the volume directly).

 * Using alsamixer, the =E2=80=9Cmaster=E2=80=9D gauge affects the output o=
n the
headphone jack, but muting it does not have any effect.

 * The effect is the same, whether I plug the headphones into the dock
or the laptop directly.

I have my stereo permanently plugged in my mini dock, but not always on.
Therefore, I=E2=80=99d like to be able to toggle the two outputs separately=
,
like I could with the T41p. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks,
Joachim

--=20
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner