[ltp] tpfand configuration for an X200s

rockinchado linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:12:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello Christoph,

I have recently been trying to get a working linux install on my x200 and
had experienced problems very similar to yours.  Although just today it
seems I may have fix the problem.  I wasn't able to specifically identify
the problem, however it seems that after upgrading my bios to 1.10, kernel
to 2.6.28-rc9, and using "echo 5 >
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/iwlagn/*/power_level", the problem has disappeared.  I
would suggest first changing the power_level for the wireless and see if
that fixes it.  I had noticed that if the temps and fan were high that if I
removed the iwlagn module the temps and fan would come back down.

Thanks for starting this thread.  I think the post a few back about turning
the wireless off led me to these ideas.

Best of luck to you and I hope that this will fix your problem,
Chad

Christoph Bier wrote:

> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb am 16.12.2008 14:35:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Christoph Bier wrote:
>>> root@skull-tp:~# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
>>> status:		enabled
>>> speed:		0