[ltp] Re: two finger scrolling

Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:58:45 +0200

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 02:22:37PM +0100, Rolf Kutz wrote:
> On 20/12/08 17:50 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:

>>> On my T43 (2669), I can:
>>>
>>>          Option          "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "true"

It works on my T61 too.

> This is nice.

Except when it starts randomly scrolling down five pages of text every
time you lift your fingers.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug=
/260780

It's fixed upstream, but I haven't had the time to download and build a
newer version of synaptics.

> Is there a way to disable the
> touchpad buttons without disabling the touchpad?

I had a patch for the synaptics driver to disable the touchpad buttons
while keeping the scroll area buttons alive:
http://mg.pov.lt/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-0.14.6-touchpad-buttons-off.p=
atch

I sent it to the old synaptics maintainer, but never heard back.  It may
be time to dust it off and re-send it to the new maintainers.

> Or even further: Is there a way to just enable
> scrolling without anything else?

No idea, sorry.  Try looking at the options in the synaptics(4) manual
page.  There are many of them.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."