[ltp] X200 Battery Life

n0rdik0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 04:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> - What on earth is Lenovo doing on Windows to make such a big
>> difference?  With disks spinning it's 8 - 5.3 = 2.7 Watts!! Almost 50%
>> more on linux!! Is there any way to ask them for help with this? Is
>> there any way for me to help figure it out?
>
> You're probably better off asking those questions on linux-kernel.
> Those same reasons are probably behind the fact that the fan spins up
> much more often under GNU/Linux than under Windows.
>

>         Stefan
>
> --

AFAIK Lenovo is taking some hardware-specific powersaving measures, and
there seem to be people here in touch with engineers from Lenovo, so I
thought this is the most appropiate list.
Is it worth to bother the kernel guys with something specific to one
platform? If it is, I will definitely do it, but I have my doubts...