[ltp] Re: two finger scrolling

Derek Dolney linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 15:31:56 -0500

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 14:22 +0100, Rolf Kutz wrote:
> On 20/12/08 17:50 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> >> On my T43 (2669), I can:
> >>
> >>          Option          "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "true"
>
> This is nice. Is there a way to disable the
> touchpad buttons without disabling the touchpad?
> Or even further: Is there a way to just enable
> scrolling without anything else?

I use the stick for mousing, and the touchpad for scrolling only. I also
disable tapping on the touchpad because my thumbs hit there sometimes.
The thing to do is to stretch the edges that define the scroll area to
fill the entire pad. I use these options in one of my startup files:

synclient BottomEdge=0
synclient RightEdge=0
synclient MaxTapTime=0
synclient VertScrollDelta=200
synclient HorizScrollDelta=500

You can scroll left and right, too, but I don't find that often useful.

Derek