[ltp] Keycodes and using them

Karol Vavrinec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:01:36 +0100

2008/12/22 Michael Gaber <Michael.Gaber@gmx.net>:
> Hi.
>
> Since we're just on the topic of using the various fn+f*-combos:
> i successfully managed to get bluetooth toggle back with key_bluetooth,
> which is really nice.
>
> the other point is: on pressing fn+f[2|4|12] i get the following
> key-events reported in X: XF86ScreenSaver XF86Sleep XF86Standby
>
> now i want to do something useful with them, like sending my box to
> s2ram/s2d/locking the screen. Could anyone tell me how to archieve this?
> I'm runninng very latest X with fluxbox on tom on a gentoo amd64 box
>
> Greetings Michael

I don't know, if this is what you meant, but it should be set in your
home directory .fluxbox/keys. This is good howto:
http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=Keyboard_shortcuts

Or you can use FluxKeys - but I didn't have a good experiences with
this one, imho it's better to edit config file manually.

I found this article as well (see section Special IBM ThinkPad cursor keys)
http://www.niemueller.de/wiki/?ThinkpadT41pWithFC3

I'm not using fluxbox rigt now, and my X200 is quite new, so I can't
help you more atm (suggest concrete solution).

Karol