[ltp] Re: tpfand configuration for an X200s

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:44:23 +0100

Hello Chad,

rockinchado schrieb am 19.12.2008 23:12:

> Hello Christoph,
>
> I have recently been trying to get a working linux install on my x200 and
> had experienced problems very similar to yours.  Although just today it
> seems I may have fix the problem.  I wasn't able to specifically identify
> the problem, however it seems that after upgrading my bios to 1.10, kernel
> to 2.6.28-rc9, and using "echo 5 >
> /sys/bus/pci/drivers/iwlagn/*/power_level", the problem has disappeared.  I
> would suggest first changing the power_level for the wireless and see if
> that fixes it.  I had noticed that if the temps and fan were high that if I
> removed the iwlagn module the temps and fan would come back down.

Thanks for your answer! But BIOS upgrade and setting iwlagn's power
level to 5 didn't change fan's behaviour---but MiniPCI has lower
temperatures. I did not upgrade to kernel 2.6.28 since installation
fails.

[...]

Best
Christoph