[ltp] Re: screen rotation with current nvidia drivers

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Dec 2008 21:09:40 +0200

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:56:19 +0200
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> I'm having a problem lately rotating the screen on my t61 with Quadro NVS
> 140M. the bottom part of the screen (side if you look at it the right way) is
> garbled. the cursor shows but windows don't. This is with nvidia driver
> versions at least 180.06 and up (didn't try older ones yet) and kernel
> 2.6.28-rc5 and up.
>
> Anyone else seeing this or is this a setup problem with me?
>
> Thanks

found the problem, although no solution yet. xfce4 compositing needs to be
restarted on rotation (didn't find how to do it on the command line yet)