[ltp] T42 issues powering off lcd with setterm

Dave Wood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:54:31 +0000

I have a problem getting the lcd screen to power off on my T42 via setterm
command.

After some messing around trying to get Fn-F3 to work I discovered that the
lcd will only power off manually *if* crt was enabled first. I made a
script in /etc/acpi to do this which works with a hotkey file.

This works great for manual switching but I still cannot get the screen to
power off automatically with setterm. It blanks just fine but powerdown
setting seems to get ignored. I can't find anything in the BIOS that looks
useful either.

Has anyone got any ideas about this? This is in console by the way. I'm not
using X.