[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] /proc/acpi/ibm/bay gone with ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.19-20080107/2.6.24

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:44:50 +0100

Le ven 01 fév 2008 10:40:12 CET, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@hmh.eng.br> a écrit :

> On Fri, 01 Feb 2008, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> > I'm following your discussion about bay support, and I wonder if we
> > always have to boot the Thinkpad on its bay/base to be able to use
> > it after ?
>
> That problem has been solved for ages when you use the ACPI bay/dock driv=
er,
> instead of the deprecated drivers in thinkpad-acpi.
>
> Remember that generic ACPI bay/dock sends events over udev, and not acpid.

Thanks for info, I'll test it this week-end ! I've tried load 'bay'
module, and it detected the capability, but when inserting thinkpad
on the base after boot, I didn't see the CD-ROM drive in /dev/ : what
do we have to do then ?

  I'll check udev's events

	Fred.