[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] /proc/acpi/ibm/bay gone with ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.19-20080107/2.6.24

Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:04:00 -0200

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> Thanks for info, I'll test it this week-end ! I've tried load 'bay'
> module, and it detected the capability, but when inserting thinkpad
> on the base after boot, I didn't see the CD-ROM drive in /dev/ : what
> do we have to do then ?
>
>   I'll check udev's events

Please do. Also, bay on 2.6.24 is likely a lot more intelligent than on
2.6.23, I don't know if 2.6.23 did the device hotplug automatically, but it
*appears* that 2.6.24 bay does so.

  Henrique Holschuh