[ltp] Intel card & compiz on a T61

Ashok Leyland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 02:24:19 +0000

n Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 11:02:48PM +0200, Lior Uzan wrote:
> Hello, I am running Linux Mint 4.0 (a variant of Ubuntu 7.10) kernel
> 2.6.22-14-generic
> I have a T61 14.1" 1024x768 Intel X3100:
> Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller
>
> How do I get Compiz Fusion to work?

It works fine on that card; your distro may 'blacklist' it because
xvideo is broken on c-f on this card.

WRT to video, either use x11 rather than xv output, or patch mplayer and
enable the video plugin, and you will have composited xv.

Info on c-f on intel/aiglx can be found at
http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Intel_with_AiGLX

you can also get help in #compiz-fusion on irc.freenode.net