[ltp] DRI on ibm t21

Connor Behan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:01:43 -0500

Victor Blomkrantz wrote:
> Hello, is there any known way to get dri running on the T21 laptop? I use archlinux.

Using DRI on an 8MB card? That sounds a lot like what I had to go
through with my A22. It will only work if you set color depth to 16 bits
and the resolution to 1024x768. As I'm sure you know, make sure you have
the mesa and libgl packages and load the "dri" and "glx" modules in
xorg.conf.

ThinkWiki also recommends these two lines for the S3 Savage:

Option     "BusType" "PCI"
Option     "DmaMode" "None"

There's an entry on free3d.org that gives 326fps on a T22 which should
have the same video card as the T21, so it's definitely possible.