[ltp] Re: DRI on ibm t21 SOLVED (not quite)

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:10:23 -0500

> I love this machine and I have no need for Compiz, I try not to have
> a bloated system ;) I only use it for web-browsing, email,
> movies,music and a little bit of wepcracking for fun. Hover I only
> have 256mb ram, 128 x 2 And I guess that currently what I need to
> upgrade here, However I find it very hard to find ram for these
> modells, and when you do it is really really expensive

Yes, if you ever intend to use a laptop "for a long time", it's really
worthwhile to max-out its memory sooner rather than later, because
over time prices starting going up again.

This is true of any component which is not compatible with the "latest
and greatest".  E.g. I expect the prices on PATA 2.5" drives isn't going
to go much further down.

        Stefan