[ltp] Re: DRI on ibm t21 SOLVED (not quite), OK SOLVED

Marcin Trybus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:17:50 +0100

--------------enig733D1118B47AE85647F879C7

Victor Blomkrantz wrote:

> Dont you use a standard 2.5 inch IDE drive for the T2x series :o

I do. IDE=3D=3DATA, so it encompasses both standards. Since the dawn of S=
ATA
(Serial ATA), the old disks are referred to as PATA (Parallel ATA). BTW
it's the smaller form factor than the old IDE 2.5" drives used e.g. in
ThinkPad 600. And to my knowledge PATA disks are out of mass production,
in favor of SATA. Therefore it could be the last call to buy one to
extend life of your precious T2x. I'll buy one to use as backup external
drive, which will be used occasionally. I'm going to switch them when
the internal drive will start showing signs of old age (a.k.a. venereal
dementia). Now it has just under 10k hours of work and 4600 start/stop
cycles, so it should last a while.

Please cut the cited posts to leave just enough for everyone to know
what you're commenting. Cutting the signature is highly recommended.
Thank you.

--=20
JabberID: Llewelyn_MT@jabster.pl