[ltp] T42 2.6.24 IDE

Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:21:44 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Ralph Spitzner wrote:

> Following the Torvals tree via git, on my Thinkpad
> IDE is suddenly broken.

> It loads the kernel off the ide disk but after a message about some UFS
> stuff it just stops, if I turn lapic on I get tons of messages that
> scroll so fast I can't read them, also they are not logged since the
> root FS isn't mounted yet.

> Any ideas ?

Oeyh. If you had a serial port (with a dock perhaps?) you could add
console=ttyS0,9600 or something similar to send all that out your serial
port and capture it with another computer.

But a T42 doesn't have a serial port connector. I think it does have the
port hardware minus the connector, so if you had a dock you should be able
to capture that output.

HTH,
Chris