[ltp] x61s battery life time

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:21:36 +0100

> Hello David,
>
> same here 2.5 hours is really the max I get out of it.
> "Normal use" normally yields even less (about 2.2 hours).
>
> Hendrik-Janä
>

> 2008/2/7, svoboda@fi.muni.cz <svoboda@fi.muni.cz>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to know the real life time for standard battery in X61s. I
> > switched on power management and all the similar features, but i got max
> > 2.5 hours. In user guide it is reffered the batery life should be 3.1
> > hours. Is there anybody working with thinkpad X61s and having similar
> > experience?
> >
> > David

Hi,

I'm a bit confused... I have a X61s, with the preinstalled Windows Vista I get max. nearly 10 hours, normal use maybe 6 or 7 hours.
With Linux (Arch) I get 4.5 hours, even with maximum screen brightness (haven't manages to get it down) and most of power savings don't work so far. Are there several versions of the battery? I can't understand you get so short times...

Arno