[ltp] Don't trust the kensington lock socket

Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:59:20 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Richard Neill wrote:
> Some slimebag just stole one of our company laptops, which was an R60e
> thinkpad, used for video-streaming and transcoding. It was locked to the
> desk with a kensington lock. The lock itself remains undamaged, and in
> the locked position, but the thinkpad is missing: the thief quite
> clearly just ripped it away from the lock, tearing out the socket in the
> corner of the laptop.

Call Lenovo right away and let them know the machine was stolen. If it
should come in for warranty repair, they... well... I don't know what they
do, but they do something. Ask what that is.

You might get it back some day.

Best,
Chris