[ltp] Workarounds and tips for thinkpads running 2.6.23/2.6.24

Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:29:43 -0200

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 06:53:50AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > On jeu, 2008-02-07 at 13:49 -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > > The best way to shut off the panel is "xset dpms force standby"; works
> > > today, and as Henirque points out, totally independent of the kernel.
> >
> > Well, maybe, but the intuitive way is to put the brightness level to 0
> > (and it works for some people)
>
> I don't have the energy to try to rationalize the seemingly insane
> mess of video brightness controls.  I salute those who do.  :-)
>
> For now, I have my own set of private hacks to make it work for me.  I
> have to choose my battles, such as my carrying my own private patches
> to make the Ultrabay work on the T60p.  I just don't have time to
> figure out how to make the !@#@! generic ACPI bay code.  I've wasted
> too much time on that in the past, too...  I'm content to wait for
> someone else to post recipes that make that work out of the box, since
> I have private hacks that work for me.

Heh :-) I have the generic bay stuff working on the T43.  I will look into
it soon, check if I need to improve it (likely, the thing has not seen many
improvements), and then post an userspace howto.

  Henrique Holschuh