[ltp] x61s battery life time

Pete Phillips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:16:19 +0000

    Theodore> How many hours you will have depends on what your laptop
    Theodore> is doing and how you configure it.  9.3 W/hours is what I
    Theodore> get when I put my laptop in "Airplane mode".  (That is,
    Theodore> wireless disabled, USB modules unloaded, screen brightness
    Theodore> at 40% using xbacklight, bluetooth module disabled,
    Theodore> laptop_mode enabled, all of my mail messages loaded into
    Theodore> main memory so there is minimal or no disk activity, etc.)

I am running a 2.6.24 kernel under Gutsy on my X61s with the slimline
battery, and with the wireless switch off and laptop mode turned on,
plus running:

      modprobe -r ehci_hcd uhci_hcd sierra usbserial

I am getting 11.8 W (2.3 hours) (using emacs to read my emails and
manage my org-mode lists).

However, I can't unload usbcore.  Is it possible to unload the usbcore
module ? and will it make much difference to my power consumption ?

Pete