[ltp] Re: ata_piix and 2.6.24 kernel => freeze?

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:18:45 +0100

Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:
> Are you using the hdaps patch ?

Good question. I very much suspect that this due to the same reason why
the hdaps patch doesn't work with 2.6.24. I haven't found the real
culprit yet, but I do know the change in 2.6.24 that made this problem
apparent.

> Raanan.
>
> On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 11:33 +0100, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
>> Since my upgrade to 2.6.24 (thinkpad kernel), it seems that I have
>> trouble with ata_piix, when i open ultrabay trigger, the system freezes.
>> Also I have system freezes, the way I see it, when i use an pata ub disk
>> (media mounted with quite a lot little reads/writes).
>>
>> Verification needed?

You could do me a great favour by confirming that this problem exists
with a vanilla kernel (without the hdaps protect patch).

>> Fixes?

Not yet, I've only just consulted the scsi list about this.

Regards,

Elias