[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] RFC: removal of video output switching from thinkpad-acpi

Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:57:28 -0200

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Jerone Young wrote:
> Hmm while your on radical changes .. what about moving /proc/acpi/ibm
> to /proc/acpi/thinkpad .. at least while /proc/acpi exists.

No, it is not worth the hassle.  I will either keep /proc/acpi/ibm and
slowly remove stuff from it (since I will not add anything there), or remove
it entirely.

> My T61 has an intel 965 graphics card and the T41 has an ati card.

I'd really like to hear from people with older thinkpads, which are more
likely to need the stuff in thinkpad-acpi than newer thinkpads.  The older A
series, and T2x/T3x series, for example.

  Henrique Holschuh