[ltp] X61t/X60t: request for help with tablet functionality

Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:00:27 -0200

I was looking at the X61t events, and tried to locate a way to get the
current state of its tablet mode, since thinkpad-acpi currently lacks that
(important) information.

Well, I fount two EC registers that might be it.  But I will need some help
from X61t owners to make sure.

Here's how you can help:
1. load thinkpad-acpi with the experimental=1 flag to make
/proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump available.

There are two registers I need to understand: EC.HDIM (bit 0 of EC 0x01)
and EC.HTAB (bit 7 of EC 0x0f).

Please send the output of "cat /proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump" when the tablet is in
each mode (tablet or laptop).

So far, it looks like HTAB is it, and that writing 0 or 1 to HDIM changes
some functionality related to tablet mode.  The next step would be to find
out exactly what HDIM enables/disables, for completeness.

For X60t owners: I need the same information, AND the output of acpidump
(send that to me by private email, please).  The output of dmidecode on a
X60t is also welcome by private mail (remove UUIDs and serial numbers
first).

  Henrique Holschuh