[ltp] Inconsistent screen brightness with a t61

Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:09:48 +0200

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 10:44:17PM +0200, Micha wrote:
> I have a thinkpad t61 with nvidia graphics and I have a strange
> problem where the screen doesn't always achieve maximum brightness.
> Under the same ambient light conditions and maximum software
> brightness (fn+home) sometimes the screen feels almost too bright and
> sometimes I feel like I have to strain to see the text.

I've noticed this too.  When you boot the laptop while on AC power, the
max brightness is visibly much brighter than what you can get when you
resume the laptop while on battery power, even if you plug the power
again.

> Could this be a software issue or is this a hardware issue?

No idea.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I'll maintain that XML should never be used for something that is written by
humans, just as you shouldn't try to use it as a programming language, alth=
ough
people have been so in love with XML that they've tried to do both.
        -- Bruce Eckel

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--