[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] RFC: removal of video output switching from thinkpad-acpi

Jerone Young linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 01:48:29 -0600

At least for me on my Thinkpad T61 & T41 I primary use xrandr. I don't
even bother with the switching button anymore (and now with xrandr it
may be obsolete). As long as the button sends some ACPI id when
pressed,  then userspace can do whatever. I think it will turn into
xrandr doing all the magic.

Hmm while your on radical changes .. what about moving /proc/acpi/ibm
to /proc/acpi/thinkpad .. at least while /proc/acpi exists.

My T61 has an intel 965 graphics card and the T41 has an ati card.