[ltp] x61s battery life time

Xavier Cremaschi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:18:54 +0100

Xavier Cremaschi a écrit :
> svoboda@fi.muni.cz a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to know the real life time for standard battery in X61s. I
>> switched on power management and all the similar features, but i got
>> max 2.5 hours. In user guide it is reffered the batery life should be
>> 3.1 hours. Is there anybody working with thinkpad X61s and having
>> similar experience?
>>
>> David
>
> IIRC, I get 17.2 W/h with my X61s, with :
> - kernel 2.6.23-1
> - all powertop advices applied
> - Bluetooth and Firewire disabled
> - USB and Wifi enabled
> Which gives me less than 2 hours on the default battery (little, slim,
> 4cell), and approximatively 4h30 on the big one (cylindrical, 8cell)
>
> Xavier.
With kernel 2.6.24 : 16.5W  (better than 2.6.23)
With 40% brightness : <= 15W (not a big gain because I do not use a 100%
brightness even on AC)
With usb disabled : <= 13W (between 11.5 and 12.9 IIRC)

I think I am going to auto-remove usb when on battery (except if a
device is plugged, of course)

Xavier.