[ltp] ata_piix and 2.6.24 kernel => freeze?

Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:03:24 +0100

> Since my upgrade to 2.6.24 (thinkpad kernel), it seems that I have
> trouble with ata_piix, when i open ultrabay trigger, the system freezes.
> Also I have system freezes, the way I see it, when i use an pata ub disk
> (media mounted with quite a lot little reads/writes).

I experienced the same problem, but the laptop does not seem to freeze
everytime. I dont know what exactly causes the freeze. The kernel is patched
with the disk-protect patch, do you think this is the reason? I could remove
the patch and do some tests, as I am not using hdaps at the moment.