[ltp] Re: Hot swapping ultrabay battery?

Mike Kelly linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:05:01 +0000 (UTC)

Theodore Tso <tytso <at> MIT.EDU> writes:

> There were patches that went by LKML last week that claimed to support
> battery hotplug, whose descrtiptions seemed to imply that they solved
> this problem, but I haven't had time to try them yet.  As far as I
> know no one has commented on them, one way or another.
>
> Said patches were sent by Zhang Rui <rui.zhang <at> intel.com>, on
> Thursday, January 17th.  You should be able to find them at an LKML
> archive.

I haven't found any post to LKML from Zhang Rui in the last few months that at
all pertains to the bay interface. Just a patch series regarding some thermal
management stuff. Could you provide a link to the patches you're referring to?