[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.18-20071203 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:19:21 -0200

I have released version 0.19-20080213 of thinkpad-acpi through the
sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.20, 2.6.21, 2.6.22, 2.6.23 and 2.6.24-rc at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117042&package_id=230205

git users can get it directly from tags in:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

Note: 2.6.20 and 2.6.21 support will be discontinued soon.

This is a test release for a few Lenovo *60/*61-related functionalities,
with some minor bug-fixes.

In particular, I may have broken the brightness control detection on
16-brightness-levels thinkpads.  Please report it so that I can fix it ASAP.

With this version, thinkpad-acpi will place Lenovo BIOSes in ACPI backlight
mode, which means you will always get the brightness up/down events through
ACPI, without needing to load ACPI video.c.

X41t, X60t and X61t owners: please report if there are any problems with the
new tablet/normal mode attribute and events.  Note that the acpi events for
tablet mode are now deprecated (available only on /proc/acpi/event), since
they have been ported over to the input device.

I really would like to get these changes into 2.6.25, but for that I need
some testing done fast, otherwise I won't be able to merge them.

Changes:
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: always track input device open/close
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: synchronize input device switches
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: switch Lenovo BIOS to ACPI backlight mode
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: make the video output feature optional
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: issue input events for tablet swivel events
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: improve thinkpad-acpi input device documentation
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: minor hotkey_radio_sw fixes
      ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: add tablet-mode reporting

  Henrique Holschuh