[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.19-20080213 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:23:06 +0100

> I have released version 0.19-20080213 of thinkpad-acpi through the
> sourceforge.net release system.
>
> In particular, I may have broken the brightness control detection on
> 16-brightness-levels thinkpads.  Please report it so that I can fix it ASAP.

What Thinkpads DO support 16 brightness levels?? I have an X60s and so
far have only seen 8 levels.

> With this version, thinkpad-acpi will place Lenovo BIOSes in ACPI backlight
> mode, which means you will always get the brightness up/down events through
> ACPI, without needing to load ACPI video.c.

thinkpad_acpi loaded by default and now the Fn+Home/End buttons don't do
anything! There's no an acpi event, no input event, doesn't change the
brithgness nor does kmilo detect anything.

(from dmesg):
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 7BETD2WW (2.13 ), EC 7BHT40WW-1.13
thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo BIOS switched to ACPI backlight control mode

xbacklight works just like before .. which is not so well, since
xbacklight =50 is brighter than xbacklight =70 for ex. and it flickers
too.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk