[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.19-20080213 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:17:38 -0200

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Micha wrote:
> I have a t61 with nvidia which seems to do 16 levels. Didn't upgrade the bios
> yet though. The thinkpad acpi seems to report that it is version 0.19 but I
> believe I haven't installed that one yet:
>
> $ cat /sys/module/thinkpad_acpi/version
> 0.19-20080107

You're using an older snapshot of 0.19-devel.

> xbacklight doesn't work here at all
> $ xbacklight
> No outputs have backlight property

Yeah, the nVidia drivers aren't good for that.  You will have to either use
ACPI video.c, or thinkpad-acpi brightness_enable=1 (don't use both), and the
kernel method for xbacklight.

Really, Lenovo should never have switched from ATI to nVidia.

  Henrique Holschuh