[ltp] Re: RFC: removal of video output switching from thinkpad-acpi

Paul Fox linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:39:22 -0500

henrique de moraes holschuh wrote:
 > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > henrique -- were these results helpful?
 >
 > Yeah, thanks!
 >
 > I kept note of all replies.  I still am not sure if I will yank it away, but
 > it will be optional to compile video output support (saves at least 2kb on
 > the kernel image, which is enough to bother with it, when you consider you
 > want to reduce L1 and L2 cache usage).

i guess maybe i need to re-read a faq or tutorial or readme.  i'm lost.

given that my X41 now won't select between monitors properly
either under X or at the console using the /proc node, how
am i supposed to accomplish this switching?

paul
 paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 39.0 degrees)