[ltp] Where is the best place to resell used Thinkpad equipment and parts?

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:40:20 +0000

David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> I didn't see this linked on ThinkWiki, so I figure I'll ask here and
> dodge the rottom tomatoes being thrown my way, if any...
>
> Per my previous email, I've ordered a T61p and X61s to replace my
> T42p. When these new machines arrive and are configured to perfectly
> replace my existing environment and workflow, I will probably be
> reselling the T42p "somewhere" to recoup some of the costs I sunk into
> the new machines and hopefully pick up spare batteries and a docking
> station/slice to help with the new machines.
>
> Where is the best place to resell my existing Thinkpad gear (besides
> "Fraud Central", er... I mean eBay :)? I have quite a bit accumulated
> over the years and would love to let some of it go to clean out the
> office a bit.
>
> Some of this equipment includes a T23, T42p, T42p Dock II Port
> Replicator, various Thinkpad peripherals and so on.

Where you sell your thinkpads depends on which country your in.
If your a member of say a local linuxusersgrouup, then thats where id
start to mention whats on offer.
As a Thinkpad dealer in the UK, I will always consider taking any
Thinkpad ive supplied in the past or had offered to me in part exchange.
 I know the brand and always have customers wanting good s/hand
thinkpads with a known history..
A good clean 600x will always run puppy linux a treat, even if its 8/9
yrs old.
i currently placed a T23 fully specced  as new to the trade for £160.00.
good luck in your sales efforts.