[ltp] how to start with thinkpad T60?

Sun, 17 Feb 2008 04:10:38 +0000

jakee wrote:
> Hi,
> Everyone!

Welcome!

> I got a T60 recently, and want to install Gentoo on it, but I'm new to
> thinkpad, how should I start?

The T60 is a pretty good machine, and will work well with Linux. When
you say "new to thinkpad", does that mean that "you have plenty of
experience with Gentoo, but none with thinkpads"?  If so, you can pretty
much just dive in.

If you are inexperienced with Linux, I suggest starting with something a
bit easier, like Ubuntu. If you have plenty of Linux experience, but
none with Gentoo, join the gentoo mailing list as well.

> And is there a home page for this mailing list?

www.thinkwiki.org is where you want to start. Look at the T60 page.

Best wishes,

Richard