[ltp] how to start with thinkpad T60?

shadowkernel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:35:08 +0800

My fan runs at about 2500 rpm or level 2. You may get the value at
/proc/acpi/ibm/fan. I add a gnome sensor applet to my xfce4-panel so
that I can see the value immediately. I am afraid the constant running
of the fan may short its life, and produce noise in a quiet environment.
I do not know whether it is a bug or a feature of the new BIOS.

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim, 2008-02-17 at 20:08 +0800, shadowkernel wrote:
>
>> It seems that the
>> fan is turned on too often, although the temperature is not too high
>> (a
>> little more than 40 degrees centigrade).
>>

> centigrade is an angle mesure. The correct unit is celsius :)

Thanks for your correction.