[ltp] T42p + Battery Rundown and results

Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:26:19 -0300

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>> That's about the worst thing to do to a lithium battery.  They like
>> frequent, top up charges, not deep discharge and full recharge.
>
> Frequent, top-up charges is precisely what killed their capacity over
> time, verified by what IBM themselves told me about the issue when I
> spoke to them on numerous occasions over the last 2 years about it.

Indeed.  Keep the battery in the [30%,85%] charge interval.  Stop charging
when it goes from burp charge (yellow led) to tickle charge (blinking green
led).

But it *will* still be at 50% original capacity after two years, unless you
live in a very cold climate (when it won't work right anyway, soo... :) ).

  Henrique Holschuh